MFM Daily Devotional – 10th April 2023: Goals Of Parenting
TODAY’S TOPIC: GOALS OF PARENTING
MEMORY VERSE: Psalm 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
There is one important thing to give to your children; Godly inheritance.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY
The Lord will pour a new anointing for a better generation on your children, in the, name of Jesus.
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Genesis 1:21-26
PRAISE & WORSHIP
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 7-9; Revelations 11-12
MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL 10TH APRIL 2023
The most effective parenting starts with God, as it is with every good thing in life. The foundational principle of parenting is complete and better when we turn to the Author of life and the founder of marriage and family. From the beginning of the human race, God has designed parents to produce offspring to populate the earth.
Producing children and parenting are a big part of the original mandate that God gave to man. Our Fire Scripture says, “Then God said, “Let us make man in our image and in our likeness…” Verse 27 says, So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them. God blessed and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number, fill the earth and subdue it.” This is God’s first recorded statement to man, to establish the principle of parenting, “Be fruitful and increase in number.” Man was commanded to reproduce after his own kind.
In other words, God created Adam and Eve in His own image. Their children, in tum bear the image of their parents. The term ‘man’ includes both male and female, both make up the race that is known as mankind. God created man in His image and likeness. This was how the foundation of parenting was laid on the planet earth. And in turn they produced children in their image and likeness.
God made it from the foundation that man would display His characteristics and qualities and act like Him. God wants parents to pursue the same goal together with their children. God wants children to view Him and respond to life in the same way their parents do.
Dear parent, are your children God’s imitators and heaven’s representative? If they are not, you must cry to God for help.
MFM Daily Devotional April 10, 2023 Prayer Points
1. Every wicked counsel and decision taken against my children, be aborted, in the name of Jesus.
2. Ancestral error fashioned against my children, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. All foundational battles against my children, die, in the name of Jesus.
4. I envelop my children with divine covering, in the name of Jesus.
5. Father, protect my children from any foundational attack, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, let Your consuming fire consume the destiny destroyers that are targeting my children, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every evil gang-up from my foundation, die, in the name of Jesus.