Scripture Union Daily Guide | 24 December 2022 Devotional [Genealogy of the Saviour]
SCRIPTURE UNION DAILY GUIDE 24TH DECEMBER 2022 DEVOTIONAL
Read and Meditate on Today’s Daily Guide Devotional for Saturday 24 December 2022. May the Lord bless you as you study!
TODAY’S TOPIC: GENEALOGY OF THE SAVIOUR
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, may the entrance of your word bring light and life to all I will do today.
Scripture: Matthew 1:1‐17
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, or God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• What truth is God revealing to me in this passage?
Matthew, writing his gospel mainly for the Jews, presents Jesus as the Saviour promised to Abraham and King David. The Messiah would be one of their descendants (v.1). Note the unusual presence of five women in this Jewish genealogy which is normally traced along patriarchal lineage only (vs.3,5,7,16). Also, as we found in our study of 2 Chronicles, some of the men here did not always do what was right in God’s sight.
People are generally ashamed to talk about their ancestors who were criminals, prisoners, or for some, even those of humble birth. We often judge people by who they are or what they did? However, in the lineage of our Redeemer, these barriers were removed. God welcomes and accepts anyone who truly believes and repents from sins. God shows His amazing love and grace to everyone. Jesus came through Mary. Her husband Joseph, was a carpenter – the two were ordinary people. Is there someone whom you have disregarded and to whom you can now show love and grace?
For Further Study
Find time to read the stories of the women in Genesis 38, Joshua 2, Ruth 1‐4, 2 Samuel 11.
Action: Write down your lineage and thank God for each person.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Thank you, Lord Jesus, for receiving me just as I am. Help me not to look down on anyone but to tell them about the Saviour’s love.
Prayer for the week
• Prayer: Thank you, Lord Jesus, for receiving me just as I am. Help me not to look down on anyone but to tell them about the Saviour’s love.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Colossians 2:15
Bible Reading: Isaiah 62, 63; Psalms 148; Revelation 7.
Thanks for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 24 December 2022
- STREAMS OF JOY DEVOTIONAL | 22ND DECEMBER 2022
- UCB Word For Today | 22 December 2022 (He gave His most precious possession)
- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH | NSPPD 22 DECEMBER 2022
- JERRY EZE LIVE 22ND DECEMBER 2022 [NSPPD LIVE TODAY]